Several Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and GKN have formed a sustainable partnership to deliver an exchange and repair service to support the OEM truck dealers with an extreme high standard of quality and availability – when and where the truck operator needs it.
Service – the challenge for the OEM
- OEM´s build great products that will last for many years, how many will be damaged in service? What stock quantity is required?
- How long does stock need to be held before it is required?
- Sudden demand takes all stock for a 10 year old vehicle/machine – how long does it take to obtain another?
- Hundreds of part numbers with very low service demand are on stock – what is the cost of stock?
- OEM´s strive to provide the best service to their customers
- Avoidance of excessive stock
Service – the benefit of GKN Service Agreements
Shafts are our business – we have all the ingredients:
- Wide stock of the essential original components
- Highly skilled people
- Workshops near to you
- Trusted by manufacturers to deliver quality and protect their brand
Service – GKN working with the OEM´s to support the customer
- Giving 24-hour service
- No OEM stock holding
- Reduces administration time/cost
- Offer “around-the-corner” service
- Guaranteed pricing
- Quality assurance – using your specified original components
- Environmental friendly
- Consistent quality throughout the GKN Service Center network
Broken Shaft: The waiting ceases with GKN
- No more dissatisfied customers due to “vehicle off road”
- No more customers complaining of vibration coming from poor balancing
- Strengthens OE/dealer/workshop relationship
GKN Service Agreements
GKN formed partnerships regarding the repair service of Cardan shafts with:
- Daimler Benz in Germany
- MAN in Germany
- Volvo in the UK, in Scandinavia and Germany
...and more to come.