GKN's unique experience in the design, manufacture and service of propshafts has been fully exploited to produce high performance MotorSport shafts.
- use of aluminium and titanium instead of steel reduces weight
- sophisticated diaphragm centre bearings and specialised torsional couplings minimalise the transmission of vibration
- universal joints upgraded with special close tolerance bearing designs, combined with advanced thrust bearings and multi-lip seals
- more choice to the car designer: allows smaller joints to be used for track racing
- permit of higher speeds and more power without weight penalties at rally and endurance events
- high-speed GKN constant velocity joints developed to overcome higher installation angles.